Early Years Mental Health Treatments
Infant or early years mental health refers to a specialized service for helping parents of infants and toddlers to address concerns about their child’s behaviours or emotional regulation, in order to promote the child’s mental health development. These services are for children between the ages of 0 to 5 years, and primarily provide support for parents, although there may be circumstances where your clinician will also work directly with your child.
Research has shown that a warm, nurturing caregiver-child relationship is essential for childhood mental health. Our highly skilled clinicians provide support to strengthen effective parenting approaches, to promote attachment and the parent-child connection, and to increase parent confidence in supporting their child’s healthy development.
Concerns frequently include:
- Intense emotions or tantrums
- Highly sensitive children
- Oppositional or demanding behaviour
- Concerns about mental health
- Concerns about social interaction skills
- Concerns about separation anxiety
- Difficulty understanding what your child needs
- Difficulty emotionally connecting with your child
- Parental Divorce or separation
Parenting can be challenging, and with the wealth of conflicting parenting advice easily available online, parents are sometimes confused about how to most effectively respond to their child’s difficult emotions and behaviours. If you are struggling with supporting your infant or toddler, or simply want a few consultations about early years mental health treatments to ensure you are on the right track, our clinicians can help. Get in touch with us!